The first 1-2 hours can be spent on an assessment of author’s website and 1 blog, with written feedback on how you can improve both visual tools. If author feels this isn’t needed, they can request option B or C instead.
The first 1-2 hours can be spent on learning what the author has tried regarding marketing, what has worked and what hasn’t worked in the past. It’s important to assess these to learn where improvements need to be made. Author can then pick areas to work on, one topic at a time (examples below).
1. One hour could be spent analyzing a video of the author that the author or his/her helper shoots at a book signing or book launch event. I could then show you what worked and what didn’t, and advise you on how to make your signings more successful.
2. One hour could be spent on discussing social networks in general and how they can benefit you.
3. One hour could be spent teaching you valuable techniques to make social networks more rewarding.
4. One hour could be spent discussing and planning for a virtual book tour or physical book tour.
5. One hour to discuss and plan bookstore and library strategies.
6. One to five hours to discuss sponsorships: what kinds are available, how they work, how to get them.
Additional hours for implementation of strategies, follow-up and/or assessment of any techniques may be required.
We can get right to work on an upcoming event or specific issues.